Position Summary: We’re looking for the next generation of Wealth Management Client Associates (WMCA), who will be working with one or more of our 14,000 Professional Financial Advisors to provide service support for their teams and our clients. From day one, you’ll receive training from our award-winning Academy at Merrill, including hands-on practice, personalized coaching and dedicated support throughout your on-boarding experience. With demonstrated success, you’ll have the opportunity to advance into new roles, with unlimited opportunity to grow throughout the firm. Our Academy will support you with dedicated programs, tools and resources throughout your career journey.
This role is an instrumental component of a successful practice. The WMCA builds strong and lasting relationships with clients and is often the most frequent point of contact on the advisory team.
- Have the opportunity to maintain or gain industry licenses and registration.
- Work with highly affluent clients around the world; Lead end-to-end onboarding and maintenance activities for new and existing clients.
- Provide products and services to each client, working with cross line of business partners
- Use creativity to tackle complex problems; Manage client servicing requests and account maintenance; Use multiple communication methods to ensure a consistent and exceptional client service experience.
- Act as a key team member leading our clients’ digital experience with the firm; Create ease of access and interaction, while protecting their privacy and security
- Drive routines that are effective and efficient; Use Salesforce to track all client and partner activities
- Find opportunities to innovate every day
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years post high school education and/or 4+ years of professional or relevant internship experience; Undergraduate degree a plus
- Product Knowledge: Foundational knowledge of investment and banking products preferred
- Personal: Energetic and self-motivated; Coachable; Flexible in thoughts and activities; Enjoys a fast-paced environment with changing and evolving responsibility; Detailed oriented; Invested in personal development
- Client Relationships: Consistently pursues excellence; Friendly; Creates client confidence; Works quickly to fulfill client needs; Delivers complex solutions; Able to simplify processes for clients; Frequent communication; Exercises an abundance of discretion with sensitive information
- Technology: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus
- Communication: Confident and articulate verbal and written communication