The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development
organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve to live in healthy, vibrant
communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when
our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be
anchored in strong communities of which residents can be proud. WHEDco’s mission is to create and
bridge access to resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and
after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. Please
visit our website (www.whedco.org) for more information.
WHEDco emphasizes the arts through all of its programs and through the Bronx Music Heritage Center
(BMHC), which it founded in 2010 to promote the cultural legacy of the Bronx, cultivate Bronx artists
and create paid opportunities for them to perform in their own borough, and provide free and low-cost
cultural programs for the local community. Since its inception in 2010, the BMHC has distinguished itself
as a cultural institution in NYC committed to showcasing the rich cultural heritage, traditions, and artistic
talent of the Bronx through humanities-focused, interdisciplinary programming.
Since 2012, the BMHC has operated out of the BMHC Lab, a 1,400 sq. ft. storefront incubator in
WHEDco’s second Bronx affordable housing development in the South Bronx, Intervale Green. In 2022,
the BMHC will fully transition programming to its permanent home at the Bronx Music Hall, a newly
constructed 14,000 sq. ft. world-class venue that will showcase Bronx music and performing and visual
arts. It will include: a flexible 250-seat performance space; a multi-use classroom; a lobby with
permanent and interactive exhibits; and public amphitheater-style seating in two adjacent plazas for
WHEDco seeks a part-time consultant who will serve as a critical member of the team supervising the
final phase of the construction of the Bronx Music Hall. This construction phase will include advance
sourcing, purchasing, delivery and installation of the lighting, audio, and video elements for live event
production. The consultant’s work will be coordinated directly with the project architect and other
contractors/sub-contractors hired for the project.
• Provide on-site oversight for all construction processes and integration of the efforts of all
project team members.
• Build and maintain overall project communications between all parties involved, ensuring
efficient and timely resolution of any future construction coordination conflicts and filling of
knowledge and experience gaps prevalent in theater construction projects.
• Operate as an unbiased, dedicated professional for the benefit of all project team members
working toward a common goal.
• Plan, coordinate, and facilitate non-construction, theater-specific processes, such as equipment
acquisition and management, FF&E budgeting and acquisition, etc.
• Consolidate all current assets from the design phases, ensuring correct and up-to-date
information from all project team members.
• Establish a communications protocol for the construction phase, ensuring timely answers and
efficient execution of plans and processes.
• Confirm all construction schedules/timelines and coordinate all non-construction processes
which may adversely impact schedules, modifying or integrating those processes as necessary.
• Identify extant processes which are unassigned and distribute RFI/RFP materials to all
appropriate vendors, suppliers, and/or contractors.
• As necessary, continue advising on full operations planning, in consultation with WHEDco and
Bronx Music Hall staff, further expanding and solidifying previous business planning and
operations planning efforts.
• Serve as a coordinator/manager of any systems training and commissioning activities during
sign-off phases of construction of the Music Hall.
• Receive, and arrange for the install, testing, and configuration of all new theatrical lighting,
audio, and video production equipment for the facility and other theatrical elements (i.e.,
staging, seating, risers, drapery, rigging, theatrical systems programming and testing, and
coordination of start-up and dry-tech).
• Advance lighting, audio, and a/v elements, and generate drafting or documentation as needed
for all events or installations in the main hall, studio, lobby, and outdoor spaces
• BA/BS/BFA in technical theater and/or commensurate live event experience required
• Background in educational and amateur as well as professional performing arts environments is
• Broad working knowledge of all aspects and best practices of live event lighting, audio and video
production, especially familiarity with ETC, ChromaQ, Yamaha, Meyer Sound, BlackMagic, and
other industry standard equipment
• Familiarity with to Proficiency in industry standard software and data systems (i.e., ETC Eos,
QLab, Dante, AutoCAD, Vectorworks, SketchUp, Google Docs/Drive, and Microsoft Office)
• Proven supervisory skills and strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Safety-first mindset, positive attitude and a good sense of humor
• Team player, collaborative and a problem solver
• Self-motivated, self-directed, organized, and detail oriented
• Ability to create and meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced live entertainment environment
All consultants must provide proof of having received at least one dose of a U.S. Food and Drug
Administration (“FDA”) authorized COVID-19 vaccine by their first day, and proof of full vaccination
within 30 calendar days.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, portfolio, and three references to email@example.com.
Please include “BMH Theatrical Construction Project Manager Search” in the subject line.
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination
because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, military status,
age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or
any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights
Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.