Senior Vice President, Affordable Housing Asset Management
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community
development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve to
live in healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes
– but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be
successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities of which residents
can be proud. WHEDco’s mission is to create and bridge access to resources in the South
Bronx that support thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and afterschool programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity.
The Senior Vice President of Affordable Housing Asset Management will join WHEDco’s
Executive Team with overall responsibility for the asset and physical plant management of
WHEDco’s three mixed-use affordable housing buildings.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic partner to the Executive team and will model a culture
that attracts and retains employees at all levels, as well as consistently demonstrate good
- Lead and support the WHEDco housing asset management team, currently comprised
of the Director of Real Estate and Project Manager, and the two property
- Coordinate with the property management companies and vendors to complete
repairs as needed in both residential and commercial spaces, including WHEDco
- Manage the security vendors and the continual monitoring of building security and
- Lead and monitor budgets and timelines of capital project vendors, including
contractors and architects.
- Manage commercial leases and sub-leases.
- Monitor and review the Deal Book to ensure compliance with all mandates including
cash and reserve protocols.
- Lead the portfolio repositioning and refinancing, including establishing and
implementing Year 15.
- Liaise with Controller and/or Assistant Controller to integrate real estate accounting
and reporting. Serve as the main liaison to outside auditor of housing affiliates’ fiscal
policies and practices.
- Advise the Board of Directors and Executive Team on the housing affiliates’ ongoing
financial condition. Serve as the main liaison to the Board Housing Committee.
- Report on asset management to tax credit investors, joint venture partners and
- Review and evaluate property and casualty insurance, and other insurance coverage
across the portfolio and collaborate in risk management and minimization activities.
- Ensure that compliance reporting is completed and agency inquiries are answered in
a timely manner. Assist in remediation of violations (FDNY/HPD/DOB).
- Provide leadership oversight on new capital projects including the completion of the
Bronx Music Hall.
- Monitor ongoing landscape for potential future development projects and, if
applicable, lead WHEDco’s efforts to pursue and execute on such opportunities,
including the preparation of RFP submissions, financial analysis and underwriting proforma for new construction and preservation projects.
- Assist with grant requests and budget documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in urban planning, real estate, finance or accounting;
Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience required, preferably in an organization
with significant government service contracts.
- Excellent financial modeling and quantitative analysis skills required.
- Experience with government affordable housing programs is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpretive skills.
- A high level of integrity and emotional intelligence, along with strong interpersonal
- Excellent and adaptive leadership skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with a
diverse group of individuals.
- Experience managing and retaining high performing team members as well as
providing professional development opportunities to promote individual,
interpersonal and organizational growth.
- Genuine interest and passion for WHEDco’s mission.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary ($140,000 – $150,000) based on experience.
All new hires must provide proof of having received at least one dose of a U.S. Food and
Drug Administration (“FDA”) authorized COVID-19 vaccine by their first day of
employment, and proof of full vaccination within 30 calendar days.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please
include “Senior Vice President” and your name in the subject line.
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without
discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, gender, national origin, sexual
orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status
or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows
the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on
the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.