ABOUT THE PROGRAM: The NCS Residence, a long-term, supportive housing facility on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, houses 65 formerly homeless men and women, the majority of whom are mentally ill and have been chronically homeless. Staff at the NCS Residence, including social workers, case managers, and a part-time psychiatrist, provide case management and mental health counseling. In addition, NCS provides a full range of services including money management, vocational and educational programs, and recreational activities all aimed at enhancing and supporting residents’ independent living.
REPORTS TO: Program Director, NCS Residence
BASIC FUNCTION: The Senior Case Manager is responsible for supporting the Residence Director in the overall management of the program. S/he is responsible for supporting and advancing program goals by building a strong clinical team that utilizes a multi-disciplinary approach to service provision. In addition to carrying a caseload, s/he ensures that each resident works with a Case Manager to create a Service Plan and uses the document to monitor goals and outcomes.
· Supervision of Case Management staff.
· Conduct a comprehensive Intake assessment for new admissions and develop treatment plan within 30 days of move-in date.
· Provide supportive counseling to address issues such as substance use, medication adherence, and housing retention.
· Meet with Case Managers to audit client charts, service plans and progress notes to ensure quality assurance.
· Monitor and manage utilization of all client databases including AWARDS, TMS, and CAPS.
· Amass referral services for clients and case management staff (i.e. treatment providers, clubhouses, trainings)
· Train new Case Managers and research trainings that will improve quality of service provided to clients and which further the Case Managers’ ability to deliver services.
· Co-facilitate staff and community meeting.
· In the absence of the Program Director, serve as On-call responder to urgent matters.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Requires a Masters degree in Social Work or related field, with three or more years of equivalent experience.
· At least 3 years of supervisory experience in a supported housing setting working with clients who have a history of mental health and substance use disorders.
· Strong, verbal, written, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Excellent computer skills
· A demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
· Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter including salary requirements and a resume to email@example.com
NCS is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered regardless of race, creed, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.