Position Summary: The Security Guard is chiefly responsible to provide a secure, safe, functioning environment for program participants and staff using the facility. The Security Guard will provide supervision of front door/lobby egress, assist with safety supervision of activities throughout the Sonia Sotomayor Community Center, and ensure adherence to program and facilities guidelines.
- Monitors all participants, staff and visitors entering and leaving the facility.
- Answers telephone and directs calls to the appropriate staff member and/or department.
- Welcomes and introduces new participants as they arrive and, in the absence of an onsite coordinator.
- Conducts vertical tours of the facility, and maintains a Building Walk Through Log.
- Manages fire safety and other emergency procedures
- Maintains daily participant and visitor sign-in logs.
- Prepares and submits incident reports
- In an emergency contacts EMS, FDNY, or NYPD to address on-site incidents.
- Contacts Program Director regarding on-site emergencies.
- Attends professional development training in order to ensure all certifications are up to date.
- Perform other tasks as deemed necessary by PN Management.
- 8hr & 16 hr. Security Guard Certification
- NYS Security Guard License preferred
- High School Diploma or GED preferred or previous experience
- Bi-lingual (Spanish preferred) is a plus.