BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 60 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health, and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
- Assist the Superintendent in any repair, as necessary.
- Provide light electrical repairs on appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets and circuits.
- Sweep, mop, vacuum, empty trash, clean windows, etc. regularly and as necessary.
- Perform groundwork.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
- extra hours and or overtime, as needed based on operational needs.
- A minimum of two years building maintenance experience.
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in a second language preferred.
- Valid driver’s license from the state in which the bearer resides preferred, with less than three (3) points acquired in the last three (3) years
- Strong maintenance skills.
- Ability to pass a physical skills test.
- Strong communication and organization skills with the ability to work with multiple agency personnel.
Salary: $30-35k annually