Position Summary: We are currently hiring a Bilingual (Spanish/English) Patient Service Representative (PSR) to join our Vida Guidance Center located in The Bronx. The Patient Service Presentative provides information, support, encouragement, and assistance to patients and families as they arrive at the health care facility. This role greets and registers patients and visitors, verifies and records patient information, and provides comfort and empathy to patients while maintaining the waiting room. This role provides accurate and consistent information to patients, schedule appointments, and resolves patient concerns.
Applicants must have availability to commit to a schedule of 40 hours per week, Monday through Thursday, 2/3 late evenings, 10am-8pm, Fridays off, and Saturdays 8:30am- 2pm.
- Greets patients and identified their needs.
- Verifies insurance information through managed care website.
- Answers incoming calls and takes messages for providers.
- Registers patients, assigned PCP (when applicable), checks demographic information, updates information as needed.
- Schedules appointments and reschedules appointments.
- Helps to maintain charts and provides administrative support to the department.
- High School Diploma required.
- One year of experience in office setting with clerical duties required. Training provided on health care administrative duties.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to provide exceptional experience to patients.
- Understanding of phone etiquette and standard office procedures.