Position Title: Partnership Consultant (Hybrid, New York-based)
Salary Range: Rate Negotiable Based on Experience ($40 – $60 per hour)
Job Type: Part-Time Temporary / Independent Contractor**
**Please note this is a temporary position with the possibility of extending to a full-time, permanent role in the future.
About the Jerome Avenue Revitalization Collaborative (JARC):
The JARC is a collaborative, cross-sector, and lasting place-based partnership of West Bronx stakeholders whose mission is to bring about inclusive economic growth and sustainability for local residents, employers, and workers impacted by the Jerome Avenue rezoning. The JARC works with the community and its partners to collectively implement services that will strengthen local businesses, increase local hiring opportunities, and create more cohesion among residents, businesses, and providers connected to the Jerome Avenue corridor.
The JARC is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Partnership Consultant to help execute the various external engagement activities necessary to ensure the partnership is successful in fulfilling its Economic Development, Business Support, and Workforce Training & Employment goals. The Partnership Consultant will receive directives from the JARC steering committee members on the activities that need to be completed, to ensure it adheres to the needs of the West Bronx community as well as to the targets set forth in the partnership’s 3-year Partnership Implementation Plan. The Consultant will be responsible for completing deliverables on a timely basis, and will ideally set the foundation for robust external communications and programmatic sustainability.
Scope of Services: Under the direction of its steering committee, the Partnership Consultant will conduct the following activities related to the Jerome Avenue Revitalization Collaborative (hereafter referred to as the “Services”):
- Conduct outreach to small businesses in the area and promote JARC’s business services
- Act as a single point of contact to recruit and refer businesses to city-wide, JARC-specific, and individual partners’ business services and resources to help them grow; follow up and report on results
- Maintain and update business resources to respond to requests
- Increase awareness of the Jerome Avenue Rezoning and its impacts on and opportunities for area businesses
- Assist in creating and implementing a process for the JARC to identify a vetted/screened, trained, and eligible-to-work talent pool
- Refer job seekers to the JARC jobs list
- Maintain consistent communication with the JARC steering committee, general members, interns, and JobsFirstNYC in order to plan for relevant activities and report on achieved tasks/results.
Payment: The Partnership Consultant will receive 50% percent of the full contract amount in monthly installments, for up to 1 year. The remaining 50% will be paid based on the delivery of the following deliverables:
- Create a culturally-relevant Outreach Engagement Strategy Plan for JARC-area business owners
- Create a Business Needs Survey and Conduct with 100 Business Owners
- Facilitate 3 Focus Groups with specific sector employers, as determined by the JARC
- Create a Process Document for the JARC to identify an eligible-to-work talent pool
- Make 25 Job Seeker Referrals to a JARC partner (for job placement services), or to the jobs list
- Submit a Complete JARC Workforce Inventory by ensuring that all West Bronx workforce providers are included
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications:
- Community organizing or community building
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a wide range of stakeholders
- Superb administrative and digital literacy skills
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Project management skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications–
- Familiar with digital communications tools (social media, and design tools e.g. Canva, Instagram, Mailchimp)
- Experienced in Data Management and Community Research
- Ties to the community: Bronx Resident, Worker, or College Student
- 5-7 years of experience in nonprofit/government sectors
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (e.g. public policy, community organizing, human services, sociology)
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
How to Apply:
This is a contract position that will require in-person and remote work. Candidates should submit their proposal bids along with a resume and CV via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “JARC Partnership Consultant Bid” in the subject line.