Girls Incorporated of New York City delivers life-changing programs that inspire girls to be strong, smart, and
bold. Research-based curricula, delivered by trained professionals, equip girls to achieve academically; lead
healthy and physically active lives; manage money; navigate media messages; and discover an interest in
science, technology, engineering, and math. Girls Incorporated of New York City is an independent affiliate of
the national Girls Incorporated, the nation’s leading expert on issues affecting girls and young women.
Girls Inc. of NYC seeks a dedicated and inspired team member who is committed to creating positive and
supportive spaces for girls in an after school setting. The successful Part-Time Program Specialist candidate will
possess the following skills; ability to relationship build with High School and Middle School girls; facilitate in an
engaging, creative and supportive way; ability to incorporate youth development and community building in
curriculum design; have a keen awareness of and celebrate the vast cultural experiences of New York City girls.
Responsibilities will also include implementing Girls Inc. curriculum, modifying and developing activities that are
in line with the Girls Inc. mission.
NATURE OF POSITION
The Program Specialist is responsible for delivering programming five days per week in a Girls Inc. of NYC DYCD
OST (Out of School Time) program. The Girls Inc. of NYC after school program fosters and develops girls’ overall
wellness. Girls take advantage of opportunities to grow, define personal goals, and embark on their own
journeys. Through unique and intentional programs, girls have opportunities to explore and advance in all areas
of their lives.
CURRENTLY HIRING FOR OUR BRONX, EAST HARLEM, ASTORIA AND BROOKLYN SITES!
– Position requires flexibility, creativity, organization, energy, and passion for inspiring girls to be strong,
smart and bold.
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience facilitating for high school and/or middle school youth. We are
especially interested in candidates who can run clubs in movements of all type (e.g. dance, martial arts,
sports, etc.), theater and/or STEM programming.
– A self-starter with the ability to work as a team player and foster cooperative work
– Ability to communicate and build relationships with youth, parents, community leaders, and school staff
– Background in partnering with schools, experiential learning and group facilitation with youth is a must.
– Ability to facilitate Girls Inc. direct service programs with groups of 15-20 girls in grades 6 through 8
– Experience facilitating programs in one or more of our Girls Inc. areas Financial Literacy, Media Literacy,
Healthy Sexuality, Socio-emotional Learning, Physical Education, and STEM programming.
– Ability to develop lesson plans and modify curriculum
– Ability to identify needs and develop relevant activities for after-school setting
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Effective program solving and conflict resolution skills that follow youth development principles
– Experience working in single-sex, gender equity programs is preferred.
– Ability to set up space for girls that challenges gender stereotypes and is LGBT-friendly.
– Proficiency in Middle School Math, ELA & Science in order to facilitate successful daily homework help
– Associates Degree or some college degree preferred in education, psychology, or related field.
– Reliable, timely, ability to receive and provide feedback in a constructive way.
– Able to follow through on directives given by supervisor.
– Responsible for administrative duties such as daily attendance, reporting, homework logs etc
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
Girls Inc. of New York City offers an excellent benefits package, a strong talent development orientation, and
fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
403(b) retirement plan
Please submit resume and cover letter to OSTjobs@girlsincnyc.org. No phone calls please.
Girls Inc. of New York City is an equal opportunity employer. Women of color and LGBTQ candidates are
encouraged to apply.
Note: As a NYC contracted agency, all positions at Girls Inc. of New York City fall under the NYC
vaccine mandate. All employees, volunteers and interns must show proof of vaccination upon hire.