Position Overview: The Mathematics Department at Hostos Community College (CUNY) seeks applications for a Lecturer position in Construction Management. The Mathematics Department specifically seeks applicants with an interest in teaching, experience in field research or practical experience in Construction Management and/or Civil Engineering and the capability to help develop the college’s new proposed program in Construction Management.
Hostos Community College faculty work closely with students and each other in an open and collegial atmosphere. Hostos has both a teaching and a research mission and the candidate will be expected to teach core undergraduate construction management related courses and oversee the Construction Management courses, student recruitment, academic advisement, and share in the departmental responsibility for departmental and college-wide committees, and other departmental assignments.
Potential candidates should be able to work collaboratively, contribute to departmental priorities in teaching, student recruitment and guidance, and be able to lead efforts to broaden participation in construction management activities. Essential duties require on-campus presence. All CUNY employees must reside within a commutable distance to the tri-state area.
- Bachelor’s degree in area(s) of expertise, and the ability to teach successfully.
- The following qualifications are preferred:
- MA/MS Degree, including academic familiarity with construction project management, fluid mechanic, statics and dynamics, civil engineering graphics, construction and/or civil engineering, steel structures and/or water resources engineering designs, etc.
- Experience and interest in teaching related courses to undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds in an urban setting is essential.
- Applicants should demonstrate experience coordinating and teaching introductory undergraduate courses.
- The ability to teach successfully in an urban multicultural setting, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institutions.
- Candidates should have a record of professional development and/or professional experience commensurate with the rank of Lecturer.
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours
Salary: $67,684 – $81,466; Salary commensurate with education and experience.