BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health, and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
This job has been expired
- Supervise kitchen staff including cooks, kitchen assistants, and delivery driver
- Abide by Department of Health and OSHA regulations regarding proper kitchen hygiene and maintenance
- Ensure that quality and quantity of food meet standards for meal patterns established by designated regulatory agencies (i.e. USDA, CACFP, etc.)
- Purchase supplies and/or equipment, including maintaining appropriate documentation of purchasing decisions and forwarding purchase orders, packing slips and invoices to the fiscal department on a timely basis
- Review invoices for accuracy and forward to fiscal department on a timely basis
- Maintain inventory log on a monthly basis for all items, equipment and furniture purchased, transferred, traded in or discarded. Inventory logs are forwarded to the Assistant to the Executive Director annually
- Maintain and balance office petty cash fund by collecting expense vouchers, reimbursing staff, and reconciling and submitting vouchers to fiscal on, at a minimum, a monthly basis
- Maintain OSHA data sheets, training logs, office certificates, etc., to ensure site compliance with regulatory agencies,
such as Department of Health, Department of Labor, etc.
- Draft, copy, fax and file memorandum, letters and other agency documents
- Maintain calendar, schedule appointments and arrange meeting rooms
- Submit monthly progress reports to supervisor
- Assist with the collection of documents for audits and submission of proposals. Deliver and/or pick up documents to/at BronxWorks offices, funding sources and or other agencies
- Assume responsibilities of program assistant when necessary
- Attend relevant BronxWorks and outside training.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and two years related experience required
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in a second language preferred
- Proficiency in modern business communications including personal computers, electronic mail, voicemail, facsimile and copier equipment
- Valid Food Protections Certificate
Salary: $42k-45k annually