Kitchen Assistant Driver
Salary Range:$17.58 Hourly Onwards
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 50 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health, and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks is hiring one (1) Driver/Kitchen Aid for CMCC Kitchen Program.
- Drive agency vehicle to specified locations as assigned by supervisor
- Drive agency vehicle for the purpose delivering meals to various sites
- Run errands with vehicle for the purpose of picking up supplies or delivering items at/to various locations
- Perform vehicle maintenance monthly, including cleaning vehicle inside and out, checking the oil, brake and transmission fluids
- Maintain vehicle maintenance and travel log
- Notify supervisor of vehicle maintenance problems as they arise
- Fill vehicle with gas when needed
- Abide by Department of Health and OSHA regulations regarding proper kitchen hygiene and maintenance
- Assist in food preparation under direction of head cook
- Assist with safe handling and proper temperature control of prepared foods
- Assist with proper functioning and cleaning of kitchen and kitchen equipment, dining areas, and adherence to sanitation standards
- Assist with packaging and delivery of meals to satellite offices
- Maintain food usage records and assist in taking monthly inventory
- Attend relevant BronxWorks and outside trainings
- Assist with weighing in, receiving, and proper storage of food
- Assist Pantry program with receiving, deliveries, and pantry distribution.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Mandatory Valid driver’s license from the state in which the bearer resides with no reported traffic violations for the previous 18 months and no more than 3 points reported within the last 3 years
- 2 years driving experience
- Experience driving vans and oversized vehicles
- Experience reading maps and a good knowledge of the New York City highway system
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- NYC Food Protection Certificate a plus
- Must Be Fully Vaccinated Against COVID – 19
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift, pull, push and/or move a minimum of 60 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, crouch or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation
- Ability to perform additional duties as assigned
Authorization to work in the United States for any employer is mandatory.
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.