The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Human Resource Associate will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Assist with managing HR inbox inquiries.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- May assist with posting jobs, screening resumes, onboarding new hires, etc.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in human resources, or related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package
- Salary range is $50,000 to $65,000
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy
- Medical, dental, and life insurance with low or no employee contribution
- A retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution
- Flexible spending medical and commuter benefits plan
- Generous and flexible work from home policy with up to three days working at home
- Fun hybrid office environment and passionate team
- Fun all staff events all year round
- Meaningful work at an organization striving to advance health equity and social justice
Hybrid schedule: Three days remote and two days in office.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.