The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development
organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities.
We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings
are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong
communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all
the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school
programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See
www.whedco.org for more information.
The Home Visitor is responsible for conducting home inspections of legally-exempt and
licensed/registered caregivers to ensure compliance with the applicable health and safety regulations.
The role also requires the recruitment, monitoring and coaching of participants in the Child and Adult
Care Food Program (CACFP), completion of enrollment, technical assistance, and training to encourage
active participation of new enrollees.
• Conduct announced and unannounced home inspections.
• Complete inspections reports and document in Minute Menu and CTS as required.
• Develop corrective action plans and establish timelines for completion.
• Provide technical assistance, coaching and support to providers as needed to increase quality
childcare and provider skills.
• Recruit and enroll providers in CACFP.
• Provide support for increased retention.
• Provide individualized training on CACFP claim processing, menu and attendance requirements.
• Conduct 28-day visit for new CACFP participants.
• BA in social services, nutrition or education is preferred
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
• Experience with family child care or legally-exempt childcare is preferred
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to interact with individuals
from diverse backgrounds and with diverse communication styles
• Basic data entry and computer skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to HBCCrecruiting@whedco.org. Please include
your name and “Home Visitor” in the subject line.
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination
because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age,
disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any
other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law
with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.