BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health, and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
This job has been expired
- Provide individualized one-on-one financial counseling and coaching to New Yorkers with various income levels, helping them achieve financial stability and mobility; measuring impact with specific weekly, quarterly, and yearly goals.
- Assist clients with complex personal finance issues, including legal aspects, such as wage garnishments, judgments, bankruptcies, etc.
- Assists clients in understanding their financial capability including, credit report analysis, budget, savings and action plan preparation.
- Conduct client intakes and individual counseling/education.
- Respond to client inquiries, monitor progress of participants and assists participants to understand affordability and non-delinquency issues. Provide early intervention as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information and provide administrative support by maintaining client records, inputting data in multiple data bases, arranging for client appointments, generating status reports, and notifying clients of meeting dates.
- Provide assistance as needed to the program director and or program manager to ensure efficiency and quality program delivery.
- In collaboration with the Program Director, lead outreach and general marketing to the community regarding OFE Financial Fitness and other BronxWorks programs and services.
- Duties may be required to be performed at various locations as determined by the organization and its funder.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 2 years’ experience in finance, financial education, financial planning, or related field
- Bilingual: English fluency with Spanish (or other language) intermediary or advanced proficiency preferred.
- Prior work experience with low-income communities.
- Financial Fitness Counseling experience: preferred (You must be committed to taking a CUNY Personal Finance course, as mandated by NYC’s Office of Financial Empowerment)
- Must be flexible, with availability to work a weeknights and occasional Saturdays.
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.