The Department of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences at Bronx Community College seeks candidates for the instructional faculty at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor rank with a commitment to work effectively with diverse student populations, faculty, and staff. The appointment as Chairperson is on an interim basis for one year. At the end of the academic year an election will be conducted to appoint a Chairperson in accordance to the PSC-CUNY contract. The Department offers associate degree programs in nursing (RN) and radiologic technology and a certificate program in licensed practical nursing (LPN).
- Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent.
- Candidates must have or be eligible for a New York state RN license.
- Ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution and the department
- Previous Chairperson or administrative experience.
- Five (5) years teaching experience in a nursing or licensed practical nursing programs.
- Experience with accreditation, curricular and course development. Experience with active learning strategies and integration of technology with instruction reflective of current best educational practices.
- Five (5) years of Clinical expertise (all specialties will be considered).
- Ability to communicate effectively with students for advisement and mentoring.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
- Assistant Professor: $51,242 – $97,580
- Associate Professor: $66,455 – $115,496
- Professor: $82,233 – $139,076