Position Summary: The Education & Training Manager will coordinate all aspects of Work Readiness and Curriculum development for all programs (i.e. Work Learn and Grow, Summer Youth Employment Program, Career Network Health, Building Services etc.) for the youth and adult population, as needed. Ensure all required program elements, goals and contractual mandates are met.
The ideal candidate will develop curriculum and train facilitators to implement each aspect of the curriculum. Curriculum will be updated as needed year-round. These contracts will include, but not limited to Career Network Healthcare, Career Network: Building Services, Opportunity Youth, Work, Learn and Grow, Summer Youth Employment Program, etc. The ideal candidate will also monitor participants experience in the program.
- Assist with the oversight of curriculum development SYEP-PBL, Transfer Schools, DOE Partnerships, Career Network and all programs developed and implemented
- Develop, enhance, and implement job and career readiness training activities that support the career development of participants enrolled in Workforce programs; ensures the delivery of a developmentally and age-appropriate curriculum
- Develop refresher curriculum for adults and assist with resumes
- Supervise and coordinate all Education / Training program activities of staff; convene meetings with staff; coordinate all necessary staff trainings.
- Provide guidance and supervision to the Education / Training Support team members.
- Provide leadership and direction to team members to ensure the delivery of high performance, acting as an enthusiastic, positive and motivated coach.
- Identify and implement new technologies and methodologies to increase the effectiveness of the learning experience
- Evaluate the learning programs to determine their effectiveness and continuously strive to make improvements, including creating surveys at the end of programing to share out quarterly.
- Create a database of all educational and career ready learning materials including curriculum instructional videos, readings, case studies, workshop guides, practical assignments and facilitator guide
- Ensuring personnel are following DYCD, Robin Hood, CWE, funders and Phipps Neighborhoods policies and procedures
- Refer participants for support services and appropriate services, as needed.
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract’s goals and performance targets including attendance milestones, program deliverables
- Ensure that data is entered in Salesforce in a timely manner
- Conduct any other activities deemed necessary by Program Administration
- Recruitment and hiring of new qualified staff as needed; work with Phipps Human Resources.
- Train program staff and orient them to their respective roles and responsibilities within the program structure.
- Encourage Professional Development to support staff personal and professional growth and evaluate staff performance
- Review and approve staff timesheets on a weekly basis and submit to the payroll department for processing.
- Ensure proper staff coverage for scheduled and unscheduled time off.
- Responsible for the performance management of the team to ensure deadlines are achieved and that any issues are manage in line with Phipps Neighborhoods policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain a culture of teamwork and respect among youth and staff.
- High School Diploma or GED, with at least five years of demonstrated experience working with youth and young adults in workforce and education, community and school-based settings. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal, public speaking and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders including program participants, staff, funders and program partners.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and technical problem-solving skills are required. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds. Self-directed and able to take initiative.
- Ability to handle matters of confidentiality with utmost tact and diplomacy.
Salary: $50-60k annually commensurate with experience