Salary Range:$65,000.00 Annually Onwards
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have over 50 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health, and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
- Support individual and corporate donor giving activities and communications.
- Write and edit grants and corporate proposals.
- Maintain agency in-kind records and donations.
- Monthly agency eNewsletter – write, research and edit articles
- Special event support, management and follow-up for activities such as the agency’s Annual Gala (June), Giving Tuesday (Nov), 5K (June), NYC Bike Tour (May), NYC Marathon (Nov).
- Collaborate with the Development team to manage volunteer events and relationships.
- Create communications including digital and print branding materials to promote agency.
- Candidates must possess an undergraduate degree, preferably in communications, journalism or media related studies.
- Prior experience in corporate communications, media and the non-profit sector is a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail for creating error-free copy and consistency in style and tone across different content formats and platforms.
- High level of self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently while meeting deadlines.
- Constituent relationship database knowledge is preferred.
- Self-starter, natural storyteller, and a pro at producing compelling content, translating complex ideas into easily digestible content.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skill.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Collaborative and communicative. Willing to manage projects as well as be a part of a team effort.
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. BronxWorks is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.