The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development
organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities.
We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings
are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong
communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all
the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school
programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See
www.whedco.org for more information.
WHEDco’s Research, Policy and Evaluation Department provides research support for WHEDco’s work,
including exploring trends in our programs and in our community in order to support the organization’s
efforts in innovative and responsive program design, determining the impacts WHEDco’s programs have
on participants and the community, and providing data and information for key stakeholders.
The Database Manger will work with the Senior Director of Research and Program Development in
conjunction with the Vice President, Programs to manage WHEDco’s internal database, cull information
from external partner/funder databases, provide data for reports and fulfill internal data requests, and
train and support database users.
- Work on development of database with external company.
- Manage WHEDco’s database by ensuring the integrity of the data through continual data checks
and cleaning, update data fields as needed, and ensure data is current and being entered
- Run reports needed by the Development department for external funders and stakeholders.
- Provide data to support program department leads/managers and for communication purposes.
- Train, assist, and support database users.
- Supervise summer intern and other interns as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in related role.
- High skill level in utilizing CRM databases.
- Experience with Tableau and SPSS preferred.
- Committed to serving multi-ethnic communities that are majority immigrant or BIPOC.
- High ability to solve problems.
- Able to build relationships with and motivate database users with diverse personalities and
- Able to work with guidance and then carry out work independently.
- Able to proactively multi-task and adapt to changing and competing needs.
Must be willing and able to work a hybrid remote/in-office schedule where database
maintenance/report work will be completed at home and support for users in the office as needed.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary ($65,000 – $75,000) based on experience.
All new hires must provide proof of having received at least one dose of a U.S. Food and Drug
Administration (“FDA”) authorized COVID-19 vaccine by their first day of employment, and proof of
full vaccination within 30 calendar days.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Database
Manager” and your name in the subject line.
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination
because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, military status,
age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or
any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights
Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest