We are currently hiring Certified Application Counselors for our Outreach and Enrollment Department. The Certified Application Counselors will enroll and assist individuals and families in our community with Health Insurance by way of the NYS of Health- Health Plan Marketplace.
This is a full time opportunity and requires schedule availability of Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Incumbents must be comfortable providing coverage at our Bronx and Queens based Health Centers.
Starting Compensation: Minimum $18.00 per hour; Maximum $18.00 per hour
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
- Previous experience as Facilitated Enroller, IPA Navigator, or other enrollment-based health care positions is a huge plus, however this is an entry level role and training will be provided.
- Knowledge of Affordable Care Act
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with data entry.
- Assist and Enroll individuals and families with Health Insurance coverage through the New York State of Health.
- Educate individuals and families about the types of health insurance programs offered through the New York State of Health
- Attend community events, health fairs, etc and build community partnership to build relationships.
- Educate the community about the services provided by the Outreach and Enrollment department.
- Meets requirements set by funding source and by the agency, including programmatic monthly & daily reports
About Urban Health Plan:
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
- Fully funded Health Insurance for yourself
- 73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental Insurance
- $50,000 term life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including annual UHP Contribution)
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!).
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.