ABOUT THE PROGRAM: The NCS Residence, a long-term, supportive housing facility on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, houses 65 formerly homeless men and women, the majority of whom are mentally ill and have been chronically homeless. Staff at the NCS Residence, including social workers, case managers, and a part-time psychiatrist, provide case management and mental health counseling. In addition, we provide a full range of services including money management, vocational and educational programs, meals, and recreational activities all aimed at enhancing and supporting residents’ independent living.
REPORTS TO: Program Manager, NCS Residence
BASIC FUNCTION: Case Aides are responsible for maintaining the safety and security of the NCS Residence tenants/facility and providing the Residence with administrative/programmatic support. He/she prepares meals for the tenants. The Case Aide must maintain a professional demeanor at all times in their interactions with tenants.
· Monitor front entrance and provide security for the tenants and building.
· Document activity during shift in staff log and document information for placement in resident’s files as appropriate.
· Provide medication monitoring services to clients in need.
· Provide support to staff at all levels to ensure quality service provision and participate fully in an interdisciplinary team approach for resident treatment.
· Assist with meals for the residents as needed such as prepping serving meals and kitchen clean-up.
· Sort and distribute mail.
· Monitor compliance with Residence policies.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Requires at least a high school diploma (or equivalent); Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Prior experience in social service environment, particularly working with an older homeless/formerly homeless, mentally ill and/or chemically addicted individuals
· Strong time management skills.
· Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
· Strong English language written and verbal communication skills; Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
The pay range for this role is between $27,300 and $32,760 per year for a 35 hour work week.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter including salary requirements and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NCS is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered regardless of race, creed, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.