Salary Range:$42,000.00 Annually Onwards
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 60 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health, and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
- Be responsible for the program’s purchasing, including supplies needed both foor staff and clients.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of purchasing decisions and forwarding purchase orders, packing slips and invoices to the fiscal department on a timely basis
- Review invoices for accuracy and forward to fiscal department on a timely basis
- Maintain inventory log monthly for all items, equipment and furniture purchased, transferred, traded in or discarded. o Maintain site expense report, as well as staff and client lists.
- Maintain training logs, office certificates, etc., to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies as well as BronxWorks requirements.
- Assist with the collection of documents for audits and submission of proposals.
- Collect, organize, and forward program report data to supervisors and data manager.
- Draft, copy, fax and file memoranda, letters, and other agency documents.
- Maintain calendar, schedule appointments, and arrange meeting rooms.
- Maintain common spaces in office including ordering and restocking supplies and general area upkeep.
- Deliver and/or pick up documents to/at BronxWorks offices, funding sources and other locations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Associates degree, or high school diploma or equivalent and two years related experience ·
- Proficiency in modern business communications including personal computers, electronic mail, voicemail, facsimile, and copier equipment. ·
- Proficiency in basic filing principles and standard correspondence formats ·
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs.
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents.
- TB Test required within 120 days or employment.
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. BronxWorks is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.