Position Summary: The Allied Health Department at Hostos Community College of the City University of New York invites applications for part-time faculty members to teach in the Nursing, Dental Hygiene, and X-Ray Units for the Allied Health Department. These programs provide students with the educational opportunities needed for entry into the health careers of dental hygiene, nursing, and radiologic technology and leading to professional licensure and certification. Our programs serve as a resource for the promotion of health and wellness for the population of the South Bronx and surrounding communities. All programs within the Department of Allied Health strive to promote professional values and ethics resulting in a commitment to life-long learning.
The successful candidate will perform teaching, research, and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. The part-time faculty member will also share responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions. Essential duties require on-campus presence.
- For Adjunct Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor:
- Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required is the ability to teach successfully.
- For Adjunct Lecturer:
- Bachelor’s degree in area(s) of expertise, and the ability to teach successfully.
- Adj Lecturer: $91.67/hr
- Adj Assistant Professor: $100/hr
- Adj Associate Professor: $108.33/hr
- Adj Professor: $112.50/hr