The HOPE Program is a leader among New York City job training providers, upskilling adult
jobseekers (ages 18 – 70) for a broad range of sectors, including a focus on green construction,
maintenance, infrastructure and related careers. We work with individuals facing deep
structural barriers to employment, including histories with the criminal legal system, current
and/or past homelessness, substance abuse disorders, low educational attainment and more.
Our comprehensive approach includes classroom training, industry-recognized certifications,
digital literacy and access, financial literacy and access, mental health support, case
management, paid job training, and our signature “HOPE for Life” approach, which provides a
vital community of support throughout the lives of HOPE graduates’ careers. With measurable
outcomes among the strongest in the industry, HOPE’s impact sits at the intersection of
COVID-19 recovery, racial justice, and building a more equitable future for New York City. Our
work is best described in the words of our graduates, such as Ramon.
HOPE is seeking a full time YouthBuild program coordinator. The Coordinator is responsible for
program delivery yielding positive education and employment outcomes. The position reports
to the Director of Bronx Programs. This position works out of HOPE’s South Bronx location at
1360 Garrison Avenue A minimum o twice weekly. The position will serve as the staff lead and
primary point of contact for the YouthBuild program for partners, including internal staff,
contracted partners, building sites, and participating students while also supervising support
● Develop, strengthen, and maintain contracted partners, including education and
construction trainers, internship partners and building sites.
● Support outreach and recruitment efforts for young adult student participants.
● Build and implement a program schedule that ensures all students gain the necessary
education, work readiness, digital skills, financial literacy, work wellness, environmental
literacy, hard skill training, industry certifications, field and leadership experience to
meet national YouthBuild program standards and yield successful outcomes.
● Deliver introductory, essential skills, and leadership training as part of the full program
● Monitor student progress throughout the process and offer 1:1 support.
● Lead a youth leadership policy committee.
● Oversee incentive distribution for students.
● Make connections for internal counseling, case management, and basic needs, as
● Attend weekly case conferences with the full program team to support student
● Support lifelong engagement of graduates in HOPE’s employment and graduate
● Attend YouthBuild affiliate training and conferences, as required.
● Represent YouthBuild – HOPE in national and local advocacy meetings and events.
● Work with the Bronx Program Director to develop annual budgets and monitor
expenses, create policies and tools for high-quality operations, and envision a
long-term YouthBuild strategy.
● Enter and track required student data and information in databases such as Salesforce
● Monitor and communicate student progress with the HOPE team, external stakeholders,
and funders throughout the program.
● Work with the Director of Bronx Programs to regularly review and analyze student data
for continuous program improvement.
● Support report writing as needed for relevant grants.
● Offer continuous training and oversight for staff to ensure program delivery
● Create rigorous and quantifiable goals for staff.
● Conduct regular administrative duties for programs, including data management and
quality assurance, payroll management, supply purchases, inventory management, etc.
● At least three years of experience in a performance based environment.
● Demonstrated ability to meet program enrollment and completion goals.
● Clear verbal and written communication. Interpersonal skills in which there is an ability
to build trusting, productive relationships with a wide range of partners and
● Solution-oriented, flexible, and adaptable.
● Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, work independently and meet deadlines.
● Experience in building, documenting and implementing processes.
● Strong digital skill, experience with CRM for reporting preferred.
The salary is dependent upon experience. HOPE provides a full package of benefits including
healthcare and dental insurance, retirement plan, competitive vacation (plus half-day Fridays
during summer which is equal to 7.5 additional vacation days, and 12 paid holidays.
Email cover letter, indicating what position you are applying for and where you saw the listing,
and resume to email@example.com. Resumes unaccompanied by a cover letter will not be
reviewed. No telephone calls, please.
Effective November 1, 2021, HOPE employees are required to provide one-time verification of
vaccination against COVID-19.
The HOPE Program is an equal opportunity employer.