Provide swim instruction and water safety to students of all skill levels and age ranges based on their needs while embodying the values of New Settlement Community Center.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct classes in a fun and gentle environment, following current teaching methods, policies and safety and emergency procedures as detailed in the New Settlement Community Center training manual, and as directed by the Aquatics Director.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings as requested by Aquatics Director or Center Director.
- Cleaning up pool equipment at the end of shifts.
- Complete assignments such as certificate signing and progress reports prior to the specified deadline.
- Able to switch to the role of a Lifeguard if requested by management. (Only if also employed as a Lifeguard).
- Must have WSI Certification
- CPR and First Aid Certified (current preferred – or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment).
- Work a flexible schedule that may include holidays and weekends as required by business needs and as requested by management.
- Enthusiastic, assertive personality with strong relationship and customer service skills.
- Effectively communicate with customers and employees. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Follows schedules and enforces safety procedures.
- Able to demonstrate swim strokes appropriately.
- Work in an environment where noise levels are usually moderate to high and stand in the water for up to 5 consecutive hours.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Water Safety Instructor
New Settlement Community Center, Bronx, NY