Tenant Community Coordinator
Position Overview: The Tenant Community Coordinator will join WHEDco’s Family Support team. WHEDco’s Family Support team links Bronx residents to resources that are critical for success and prosperity, including benefits counseling, mental health counseling, school partnerships, a weekly food pantry and access to other vital resources. The Tenant Community Coordinator will provide case management services and demonstrate appropriate goal setting and effective practice skills in a collaborative model with WHEDco’s on-site programs. The Tenant Community Coordinator will work directly with the building community residents at two of WHEDco’s affordable housing developments – Urban Horizons and Intervale Green – located in the South Bronx. Specifically, the Tenant Community Coordinator will manage a caseload of 50 formerly homeless tenants and provide supportive case management to all other tenants. The Tenant Community Coordinator will also provide individual case management services, organize tenant activities, engage in advocacy, and provide resource and referral services to a diverse population. A central focus of this role will be to work creatively with clients to ensure that they attain public benefits, housing assistance, legal assistance, employment/vocational training, mental health services and other critical resources as needed.
- Perform case management services for Urban Horizons and Intervale Green tenants according to protocols designed by the VP/Director.
- Work with individuals who require intervention in the following areas: mental health, domestic violence, crisis intervention, public benefits advocacy, housing, legal services, and substance abuse; provide referrals and monitor outcomes.
- Assess the need for and facilitate organized tenant activities including workshops, support groups, educational and employment events, and activities for children.
- Along with Housing Development and the property management teams, schedule and facilitate quarterly tenant meetings.
- Provide Spanish translation during meetings and correspondences.
- Participate in monthly tenant arrears, coordinate new move-ins/intakes, and coordinate services as needed with property management.
- Develop and maintain linkages within a network of multidisciplinary human service organizations for the purpose of information exchange and referrals in the broader community.
- Maintain accurate and timely client records and case notes in WHEDco’s Client Tracking System, including updating quarterly service plans, progress notes, quarterly narratives and success stories.
- Attend meetings and trainings including team meetings, case conferences, interdisciplinary meetings and scheduled supervisory meetings.
- Participate in in-house and external staff development and training activities.
- Perform other related duties as may be requested by the VP/Director.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience preferred
- Motivated, creative and resourceful self-starter who takes initiative
- Ability to move easily and effectively between working alone independently and working collaboratively with a team of co-professionals
- Available for events and/or meetings some evenings
- Knowledge of case management, advocacy, family/youth services and childcare, preferably in a community environment
- Compassionate demeanor with an understanding and appreciation of professional boundaries
- Basic computer skills and experience in MS Office suite (including Excel and Word) required
Salary: $45k-50k commensurate with experience