The Senior Clerk in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery greets patients at the front desk, performs arrival and patient checkout procedure.
Collects co-pays post charges and schedules follow up appointments
Provides the highest level of customer service to all visitors, patients and guests
Performs diversified and complex clerical duties
Prioritizes assignments and organizes functions to ensure effective clerical procedures
Please note: In the event of an emergency, vacation and/or staffing shortage, this role will cover all orthopedic locations (Map 6, Wakefield, Tarrytown, White Plains etc.) as needed. This role also supports multiple providers and will be expected to work on Saturday and work later shifts as needed. Hours/Shift/Schedules are subject to change.
Education and skills required
- High School diploma or equivalent and completion of the business school course coupled with One (1) year of clerical experience
- Training in PC-based automated word processing systems and spreadsheet programs and PC or mainframe based base management programs
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to navigate the Internet and multiple medical systems simultaneously
- Requires knowledge of medical equally complex terminology
- Data Entry score of 80% or better
- Superb interpersonal and customer service skills required
Department: Orthopedic Surgery Bargaining Unit: 1199 Campus: EINSTEIN Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 1250 Waters Place, Bronx
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 9:30 AM-6 PM Req ID: 177104
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.