BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 50 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health, and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks is hiring 1 Safety Monitor for the Cornerstone Program
- Ensure the security of the premises and perform access control
- Perform regular and frequent foot patrol of the entire facility
- Enforce facility, BronxWorks, and Department of Homeless Services policies
- Promptly advise appropriate supervisors of problems
- Maintain order and promote safety
- Act professionally and as a role model for clients especially during crisis or conflict.
- Respond appropriately and effectively to physical or verbal altercations between clients.
- Respond appropriately to medical emergencies.
- Respond appropriately to situations of child abuse and neglect.
- Act as the liaison with police and other emergency services.
- Act as designated Fire Safety Coordinator or Fire Guard as needed.
- Promptly advise Shift Supervisor informed of problems or concerns.
- Make formal notifications as required.
- Participate in all training and staff meetings.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- New York State Security Guard Registration Card.
- 16 Hour On-The-Job Security Guard Training Certificate.
- First Aid / CPR Certificate – Preferred.
- New York Fire Department Certificate of Fitness as Fire Guard, Shelters – Preferred.
- Ability to write a clear and concise incident report.
- Engaging personality and detailed orientated skills are essential.
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Ability to climb 120 standard stairs within 2 minutes.
- Ability to drag an 80-pound canvas bag 30 feet on a tile floor within 30 seconds.
- Ability to lift a 40-pound bucket and place it on a standard height table within 30 seconds.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation.
- ‘TB Test required with the first 120 days of employment’
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. BronxWorks is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.