The HOPE Program
The HOPE Program is a leader among New York City job training providers, upskilling adult jobseekers (ages 18 - 70) for a broad range of sectors, including a focus on green construction, maintenance, infrastructure and related careers. We work with individuals facing deep structural barriers to employment, including histories with the criminal legal system, current and/or past homelessness, substance abuse disorders, low educational attainment and more. Our comprehensive approach includes classroom training, industry-recognized certifications, digital literacy and access, financial literacy and access, mental health support, case management, paid job training, and our signature “HOPE for Life” approach, which provides a vital community of support throughout the lives of HOPE graduates’ careers. With measurable outcomes among the strongest in the industry, HOPE’s impact sits at the intersection of COVID-19 recovery, racial justice, and building a more equitable future for New York City.
Position Summary: HOPE is seeking a Retention Associate to serve our Bronx based programs as an integral part of The Alumni Support Team. This role will be responsible for alumni of SSBX, Cool Roofs and Intervine. The Bronx Retention Associate will collaborate with Brooklyn Retention Associate to enhance alumni outreach efforts and career advancement. This position reports to the Alumni Support Manager.
- Serve as an integral part of the employment team by leading HOPE’s job retention initiative. Work to achieve or exceed HOPE’s retention goals.
- Manage a caseload of 150 graduates who have secured employment
- Develop and maintain a consistent, persistent monthly outreach process to ensure all graduates are being followed up with and progressing toward retention of 90 days and 1 year.
- Manage external database for Bronx programming job validations
- Provide 20-30 minute coaching sessions to at least 35 people a week. Cultivate positive, ongoing relationships with graduates to assess job satisfaction, performance and sustainability of the job. Partner with HOPE staff to make referrals for other support services as needed.
- Engage graduates who lose their jobs and assess job loss reasons for possible re-engagement.
- Promote the spirit of #HOPE4Life by designing relevant evening events twice a year and managing outreach efforts for two annual events.
- Plan and execute the holiday party and awards events
- Develop and execute one workshop per quarter to engage graduates and help them grow in their career
- Develop and maintain a data collection process, ensuring all required engagements are entered and proper documentation is secured, logged into two databases and filed in paper client files.
- Work closely with HOPE’s Government Grants Administrator to ensure necessary documentation is collected from graduates to satisfy funder requirements.
- Provide Quality Assurance checks on paper files and electronic files.
- Develop and test marketing messages to engage former students who Completed and did not yet find work as well as current Grads.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties in this job classification.
- Dynamic, energetic, and organized professional with demonstrated ability to successfully multitask in a performance-driven environment.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience, making outbound calls.
- Systems builder with strong organizational, data analysis and database skills with 2 years of database experience. Salesforce experience is preferred.
- Passion for working with economically disadvantaged adults with multiple barriers to employment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Problem solver, flexible and adaptable.
- MUST be able to work following schedule: Monday and Wednesday, 11 AM-7 PM; Tuesday and Thursday, 10 AM-6 PM; Friday, 9 AM-5 PM
Salary: $45-55k annually