Position Summary: Provide one on one support to the residents of Far Rockaway who require guidance and support for matters related to: Housing, Education, Employment, Benefits, Financial, and connecting residents to community resources.
- Attend Case Conference Meetings with supervisor to review case files.
- Meet with client’s one on one to: pre-screen, assess, conduct intake, service plan, then goals in order to accomplish outcomes required clients.
- Support clients who may need assistance with rent arrears, by applying for one shot deals or other federal emergency funds.
- Assist residents with preparation of recertification packages & supporting documentation.
- Attend Community Resources Division Meetings, All Staff Meetings.
- Complete Universal Intake, and enter all existing and new clients into Salesforce data base system.
- Participate in monthly: Community Planning Board and Local Precinct Council Meetings.
- Meet monthly with Property Management in order to ensure both organizations are working as a team to resolve resident concerns.
- Share updates related to Agency Resource Manual on a monthly basis.
- Conduct surveys of the needs of the families.
- Organizes activities and works directly with residents in group or individual settings.
- Recruits residents for programs; provides individual or group service to families.
- Provides leadership support for residents; guides participants in development, recreation, education, workforce, and other activities.
- Provides direct services’ to children and families through counseling and referrals. Develop service plans.
- Maintains liaison with cooperating local service providers, neighborhood schools, and other community based organizations.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by Director or Deputy Executive Director of Community & Economic Empowerment.
- Minimum Associates in human service, sociology, psychology, or related field or two years or more experience
- Client engagement with regards to Salesforce data entry, intake, referrals, benefits, taxes, and providing support to clients to complete benefits re-certifications and applications.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Salary: $50k-55k annually