BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health, and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks is hiring Four (4) Program Assistant for our Homebase Program.
- Provide direct services to clients, including enrollment, engagement, assessment, referral, service plan development, advocacy, counseling, exit summaries, and follow-up.
- Carry a caseload of households needing housing stability services.
- Monitor and document client progress toward service plan goals.
- Document any and all interactions with, or on behalf of, clients in CARES database.
- Answer telephones and return client outreach calls/emails/texts. Log all correspondence in Excel trackers and provide update to internal/external referral sources.
- Complete program reports on a monthly basis or more frequently as required to be presented to senior leadership.
- Complete renewal/modification subsidy packets for clients and submit to HRA.
- Field work may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent credentials required, an Associates Degree preferred.
- A minimum of one year of administrative work experience preferred.
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in a second language preferred
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required.
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs, if required to conduct home visits and/or fieldwork.
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents.
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation.
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather, if required to conduct home visits and/or field work.
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. BronxWorks is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.