Applicants applying should be aware that candidates being considered for this role will be invited to attend a hiring event on Wednesday, December 14th, yielding a start date on January 9th.
Position Summary:We are currently hiring a Bilingual Spanish/EnglishPatient Services Representatives (PSR) who will work within our Specialty Department at El Nuevo San Juan. As the PSR you will work in the front desk/waiting area of our family health centers and provide an exceptional patient experience in our health center.
Applicants must have availability to commit to a schedule of 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday with rotating Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- High School Diploma required.
- One year of experience in office setting with clerical duties required. Training provided on health care administrative duties.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to provide exceptional experience to patients.
- Understanding of phone etiquette and standard office procedures.
- Greets patients and identified their needs.
- Verifies insurance information through managed care website.
- Answers incoming calls and takes messages for providers.
- Registers patients, assigned PCP (when applicable), checks demographic information, updates information as needed.
- Schedules appointments and reschedules appointments.
- Helps to maintain charts and provides administrative support to the department.
About Urban Health Plan:At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
Starting Compensation: Minimum $16.50 per hour; Maximum $16.50 per hour
- Fully funded Health Insurance for yourself
- 73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental Insurance
- $50,000 term life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including annual UHP Contribution)
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!).
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.