Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seeking Packers to join our growing team! We are seeking individuals whose interest and passion for pastry and cooking is as unparalleled as our commitment to superb customer service and quality food. This role is based out of our Hunts Point, Bronx warehouse location.
Basic Job Function:
Responsible for the packing of dry and/or wet merchandise in preparation for delivery to all stores.
- Pack the products in the proper table, temperatures and/or environment
- Ensure the product is quality before packing
- Inspect all dates, labels and quantity of all products
- Label merchandise with proper signage before shipping to stores
- Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
- Place or pour products or materials into containers, using hand tools and equipment,
- Report to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in the correct uniform.
- In addition, other duties maybe required as directed by your manager.
- Pack, lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs or more of merchandise
- Organizational skills
- Time Management skills
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing for extended periods of time and possibly in refrigerated work areas
- Lifting loads 50+ lbs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required.
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental /Vision, life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)