Urban Health Plan
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
This job has been expired
Reporting to the Senior Director of Practice Management, the Medical Billing Specialist will process claims for their assigned providers and facilities. The Billing Specialist will review medical documentation to property bill services and treatment provided and submit claims to the payers following ICD-10, CPT coding and insurance guidelines.
The Medical Biller Specialist will join a dedicated team of professionals within our Finance Division. Incumbents must be available to work hybrid, working remotely and onsite based in the Bronx, NY. Schedule: 40 hours per week. Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Review the medical note in eCW to assure that the documentation support the service and treatment provided
- Verifies for accuracy the selected diagnosis and CPT codes following coding guidelines
- Communicates with the provider on a daily basis when information is needed to process the claim
- Submit billing data to the appropriate insurances.
- Correct any denials due to coding errors
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Certified Medical Biller/Coder is required.
- Certified Professional Coder preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT Codes, and Medical Terminology is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records (eClinicalworks a huge plus!)
- 2 years of direct experience in medical billing is required (may include internship experience).
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.