Our Learning Center Department is bringing onboard a Medical Assistant Trainer at Urban Health Plan. Under the guidance of our Chief Learning Officer and working in close collaboration with leadership in our Nursing Division; the Trainer will support the learning, development, and clinical competency of new and existing Medical Assistant-based positions within the organization.
- High School Diploma and Certification in Medical Assisting is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of exemplary medical assisting within FQHC environment.
- Demonstrated excellence as a Medical Assistant.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Proficiency with administrative/office functions and computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to coach individually, and train in a group setting. Excellent communications skills, a must.
- Provides orientation, training, coaching and support to new and existing medical assistants.
- Develops and implements a monthly schedule of training sessions and executes training plans.
- Participates in the delivery of formal and informal education.
- Participates in the interviews of prospective Medical Assistant candidates and completes pre-employment competency at part of the selection process.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates orientation programs
- Performs clinical assessments of MA/HCSR and provides certification of competency when required including but not limited to assessment of vitals, chief complaint, CLIA Waived Testing, and other skills.
- Partners with managers during performance reviews to provide MA competency assessments.
- Collaborates with the nursing team in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of policies, procedures and standards of care pertaining to the medical assistant function.
- Assists in establishing and implementing short and long term goals and objectives for associates. Develops individualized skill improvement plans when needed.
About Urban Health Plan:
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do. Starting Compensation: Minimum $47,500 per year; Maximum $52,000 per year
- Fully funded Health Insurance for yourself
- 73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental Insurance
- $50,000 term life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including annual UHP Contribution)
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!).
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.