Salary Range:$17.0000 To 17.0000 Hourly
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 50 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health, and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks is hiring one (1) Maintenance Worker for the Cornerstone program.
- Assist the Superintendent in any repair, as necessary.
- Provide light electrical repairs on appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets and circuits.
- Sweep, mop, vacuum, empty trash, clean windows, etc. regularly and as necessary.
- Perform groundwork.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
- Thorough cleaning of swimming locker room area as well as daycare facility on the first floor. (if applicable)
- Maintain the parking lot clear of garbage and any debris.
- Maintain floors – Sweeping daily, moping all areas and buffing and waxing all areas of the building.
- Setup/breakdown for small and large events that occur throughout the building.
- Sweep outside area of the building to keep sidewalk clean of garbage and debris.
- Perform paint jobs throughout the building as necessary.
- Thoroughly clean the kitchen as well as the staff refrigerator.
- Organize and maintain supplies.
- Clean all bathrooms, including single bathrooms twice a day.
- A minimum of two years building maintenance experience.
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in a second language preferred.
- Valid driver’s license from the state in which the bearer resides preferred, with less than three (3) points acquired in the last three years
- Strong maintenance skills.
- Ability to pass a physical skills test.
- Strong communication and organization skills with the ability to work with multiple agency personnel.
- Ability to climb and stand on a 15-foot ladder.
- Ability to lift, pull, push and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, crouch or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs.
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects.
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation.
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather.
- ‘TB Test required with the first 120 days of employment’ for Shelters and Homeless outreach”
MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19*
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. BronxWorks is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.