Sanctuary for Families is New York’s leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
The temporary maintenance worker provides janitorial and cleaning services of all common areas at the Sarah Burke House.
· Maintains the facility common areas and apartments turn-overs.
· Cleans bathrooms floors and other common areas on a daily basis and as needed.
· Assists with deliveries such as pantry, donations and other supplies as needed.
· Arranges and/or moves furniture when necessary.
· Assist with set-up and clean-up for special events.
· Picks up mail at the post office on a daily bases.
· Paints as needed.
· Perform any other department or agency related duties or special project as directed. Requirements
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
· One year relevant experience maintenance experience required
· Able to operate small hand tools
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 lbs.
· Basic computer skills
· Fluency in both English and Spanish preferred
Budgeted Salary: $20.00/hr
Work position is in-person full time
Vaccination Policy: Proof of vaccination or proof of first dose with scheduled 2nd dose within 30 days is required.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Accrued sick time.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
D.E.I Commitment: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Sanctuary for Families that represent our dedication to fostering a safe, respectful, responsive, and fair work environment. We recognize the value diversity holds in embracing all employees, clients, and volunteers regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or professional level.