Phipps Houses is one of the nation’s oldest and largest not-for-profit developer/owners of affordable housing. It is a multi-faceted real estate organization, involved in the development, finance, construction and asset management of new and rehabilitated multi-family housing for low to middle-income New Yorkers. Through its subsidiary, Phipps Houses Services, Inc., it conducts residential and some commercial property management, and its tax-exempt affiliate, Phipps Neighborhoods, provides human services to its development communities.
- Handles apartment re-rentals, qualifying prospects, preparing lease documentation, and completing move-in paperwork and procedures.
- Works with established waiting lists
- Reviews apartment availability on a daily basis
- Coordinates with site staff to schedule apartment viewings
- Calculate household income and assets for eligibility
- Adhere to regulatory income and rent calculation requires for leasing units
- Completes lease agreements, collects rental deposits and Section 8 packages where applicable
- Submits applicants for approval at government agencies
- Obtain industry-specific training for compliance with regulatory agencies requirement.
- Other duties as may be assigned by management
- Must be enthusiastic with strong customer service abilities and follow-up.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing work
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Prior training in Fair Housing, rental stabilization and low-income tax credit regulations preferred
- Must possess strong mathematical skills
- Experience working with Yardi or other real estate software preferred
- Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be extremely responsive, courteous, reliable, energetic, and upbeat.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- High School Diploma required, Associates degree or 60 college credits preferred
Salary: $50k annually