IT Academic Technology Specialist (HEOa)
Reporting to the Associate Director of the Center for Teaching, Learning and Technology(CTLT), the IT Academic Technolgy Specialist’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide telephone, email and walk-in instructin and support for Blackboard and ePortfolio, and other academic software
- Develop and deliver multi-level presentations and training workshops on various Intructional Technolgies and pedagogies to faculty, professional staff and students with varying levels of knowlege, skills, and abilities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with supervisor and/or faculty to determine training needs and develop workshop plan.
- Assist faculty in classroom with use of instuctional technology to support educational goals.
- Research and provide solutions for faculty in need of new instructional technologies.
- Provide technical guidance and support to faculty and staff on various multimedia projects.
- Research, pursue and learn new and emerging instructional technologies and e-learning pedagogies.
- Produce training and instructional materials, handouts, and FAQ guides.
- Serve on the Learning Management System Council LMSC at CUNY Central, CTLT’s Leadership Council, Teaching, Learning & Technology Roundtable and 3D at BCC Interest Group as well as other Faculty Interest Groups, Roundtable Discussions and Seminars involving educational/instructional technology and pedagogy.
- Record and edit video projects as needed.
- Maintain CTLT inventory.
Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ relevant experience required.
- Mastery of the Blackboard Learning Management System and or other LMS from administrative and student perspective.
- Blackboard support for faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to provide a high level of service and support to faculty, staff and students, and is skilled at listening and responding to the concerns/ideas of others
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to support a wide variety of instructional technologies.
- Experience with recording, editing and streaming digitial audio and video
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in both PC and Apple envioronments
- Ability quickly acquire and apply new technology skills as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, and convey complex concepts and intricate processes to students, faculty, and staff.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports and consults with faculty, students, and others in the use of instructional systems, software, and programs.
- Provides day-to-day support for users of instructional systems
- May supervise a College help desk related to academic technology, supervising and training staff
- Designs, develops, and delivers training and orientation sessions on the use of instructional technologies
- May serve as an administrator and/or account coordinator for one or more systems
- Assists in demonstrating the practical application of computers and communications technology for classes and workshops for faculty or students
- May track problem reports, troubleshoot reported issues, and document resolutions
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: IT Academic Technology Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
No job description available
open until filled – begin to review resume on June 27, 2022
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.