BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health, and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
This job has been expired
Recruitment and Staffing Management:
- Oversee and maintain all Benefits Plans, including medical, dental, FSA, Transit, Pension and 403b and Life insurance.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability (STD and LTD), PFL, FMLA and Workers’ Comp.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- HRIS – Benefits, COBRA and Leave tracking.
- Counsel employees and managers on agency policy & procedures as it pertains to employee benefits and leave.
- Works with Total Rewards Manager to ensure agency policies and procedures are applied consistently and fairly.
- Assist with weekly New Hire Orientation and agency tours.
- Collaborate and complete HR projects as needed. Perform additional duties as assigned by manager
- Support and serve as an liaison with the internal benefits team on basic inquires surrounding benefits
- Facilitate and process off-boarding process for employee(s) i.e., conducting terminations; drafting memorandums for terminations/reduction in force; process vacation payouts; ensure accuracy of bi-weekly payroll reports; send/review exit survey to employee; timecard approvals and term employee in ADP Workforce Now
- Review and process all resignation notices from employees in addition to, ensuring accuracy of change of status (COS) form and adhering to termination checklist
- Utilize Asset Panda to enter updates upon receipt of company property (e.g., laptops, Mifis, cell phones)
- Perform additional duties as assigned