Provide administrative support for busy nonprofit office in midtown Manhattan which runs housing lotteries and screens applicants for affordable housing. Opportunity for growth.
Settlement Housing Fund (SHF), established in 1969, creates and sustains high quality affordable housing and programs, building strong and economically diverse neighborhoods throughout New York City. SHF works closely with community partners to provide low- and moderate-income New Yorkers with pathways to long-term affordable housing, education, employment and wellness. SHF’s marketing department manages housing lotteries for our own developments as well as for private developers constructing mixed income apartment buildings with government funding, including programs known as 80/20s.
- General office administrative duties such as answering phones, filing, photocopying, scanning, preparing correspondence, sorting the mail;
- Assisting with housing lotteries, managing inquiry list, mailing out applications, entering paper applications
- Sending out third party verifications to employers, banks, etc. as part of processing applicants for affordable housing.
- Track the dates and flow of verifications. Follow-up with additional requests. Call applicants to request more information.
- Data Entry
- Perform other related duties as reasonably requested
- Strong attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a busy office
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral
- Strong proficiency in MS Word and Outlook; Excel and Access a plus
- Strong typing skills
- Professional demeanor, outgoing and friendly attitude, flexibility, team player
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent mathematical, writing, oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, busy workplace and to be flexible to changing needs of department
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to relate to persons of diverse backgrounds and to discuss sensitive personal information with applicants
- College degree a plus.
- At least two years’ experience in customer service or related work.
Salary: $40,000 – $43,000