What is a ‘Health Home’?
A Health Home is not a physical place, nor a residence, nor a ‘Home Health’ program. Instead, it is a specialized service provided to patients that are enrolled in Medicaid whom have two or more chronic health conditions (e.g. Asthma, Diabetes) or other qualifying conditions that include HIV/AIDS, serious mental illness, or in the case of children- a Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED) or complex trauma.
As a Case Manager in our Health Home Department, you will provide Bilingual Spanish/English services to patients in your care. This includes comprehensive care coordination (health care providers, mental health providers, and behavioral health providers), patient education, advocacy, and support by way of referrals to support services (e.g. housing, social services, benefits/entitlements, food programs, etc.). As a Health Homes Case Manager, you will develop an individualized care plan for your patients with an end goal of placing them on a path to a healthy lifestyle with the reduced need for hospitalizations.
Work Environment: The Health Home Case Manager is currently an intermittent hybrid role and would require commute to the Bronx as necessary for home visits and would required working onsite once a week on a biweekly basis.
Experience/Education and Skills:1) A Bachelor’s degree in one of the qualifying fields and two years or experience; OR 2) A Bachelor’s degree or higher in ANY field with either: three years of experience, or two years of experience as a Health Home Case Manager; OR 3) A Master’s degree in one of the qualifying fields and one year of experience
Qualifying Fields Include: Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, Rehabilitation, Education, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Recreation or Recreation Therapy, Counseling, Community Mental Health, Child and Family Studies, Sociology, Speech and Hearing or other Human Services Field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfort and flexibility with carrying out field work and home visits.
- Bilingual Spanish/English, required.
- Conducts screening and assessments in order to develop a comprehensive and individualized plan of care.
- Collaborates with co-workers and other departments to allow for patient to overcome obstacles through impactful care coordination.
- Conducts home visits, meets with patients in our health centers, conducts check-in calls, and other means of contact. Enters case notes into electronic records.
- Provides case management and referrals for services.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and quality improvement initiatives.
About Urban Health Plan:
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
- Fully funded Health Insurance for yourself
- 73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental Insurance
- $50,000 term life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including annual UHP Contribution)
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!).
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.