Salary Range: $30.0000 To 30.0000 Hourly
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health, and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks is hiring one (1) Field Educator for the Community Health Program.
- Conduct voter education work through street visibility on high traffic days from the beginning of the Early Voting period (Saturday 10/29 to Election Day 11/8/22)
- Hand out palm cards in conjunction with talking to community members about the ballot measures, and collecting pledges to flip the ballot
- Outreach will primarily outdoors near polling stations and should represent at least 80% of the outreach plan.
- Educate community and voters at poll sites to fill their ballot to vote on ballot measures
Program Specific Responsibilities
- Perform voter education work at poll sites and within 100 feet of designated poll sites on (Saturday 10/29 to Election Day 11/8/22)
- Distribute palm cards in conjunction with talking to community members about the ballot measures, and collecting pledges to flip the ballot
- Explain ballot measures to individuals
- Complete required program documentation and shift documentation
- Perform additional duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: (education requirements and experience should be included in this section. You may include any preferred skills here as well)
- Experience with outreach preferred
- Experience with civic engagement preferred
- Community involvement a plus
- Availability between Saturday 10/29 to Election Day (11/8/22) a must
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in a second language preferred
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required.
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents.
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation.
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather, if required to conduct home visits and/or field work.
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. BronxWorks is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.