Position Overview: WHEDco seeks a Network Monitoring Specialist to support and enhance the existing strengths of family child-care in birth to age four programs that promote continuous and responsive relationships, strengthen early learning skills, build resilience, and lay the foundation for all future learning. The primary role of the Monitoring Specialist is to support all affiliated providers to be in compliance with all Family Child Care Network and OCFS/DOHMH regulations.
- Visit affiliated provider homes twice per month and utilize the DOE monitoring form to ensure proper integration of all OCFS/DOHMH regulations.
- Provide supportive strength-based coaching and corrective actions, as necessary.
- Document all visits and communication with affiliated providers in a timely manner and in alignment with the Early Childhood Framework for Quality (EFQ).
- Regularly check the OCFS website for “Dear Provider” letters and other communications from NY State and stay current about license and registration requirements for all affiliated providers.
- Check the OCFS website to ensure all affiliated providers remain free from violations with DOHMH.
- Assist the Network Director with the recruitment and affiliation process for family child care providers.
- Support the enrollment process of families including registration, intake, family assessment, and ongoing support to families.
- Work with the Family Worker to connect parents/caregivers to appropriate resources and make necessary referrals to community partners.
- Create and update a community partner resource guide for all affiliated providers and families.
- Coordinate and implement workshops, special events, and other Network activities.
- Participate in staff meetings to connect about individual providers, families, and coordinate all services.
- Participate in staff professional learning sessions.
- Assist in ongoing outreach, enrollment, and all other administrative tasks supporting all affiliated providers.
- Update family information in the Network database.
- Other tasks assigned by the Network Director and Education Director.
- Associate degree or Child Development Associate (CDA) credential required.
- Experience working in family childcare and/or with infants and toddlers preferred.
- Willing to travel within FCC Network catchment area.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player; able to build relationships and motivate stakeholders with diverse personalities and backgrounds.
- Able to proactively multi-task and adapt to changing and competing needs.
- Experience in MS Office (including Excel and PowerPoint) and excellent overall computer and database skills.
- Proven ability and/or demonstrated work experience where maintaining confidentiality is critical and expected.
- Appreciation for the unique needs of all providers and families
Salary: $55k-65k annual commensurate with experience