The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity.
WHEDco seeks an enrollment specialist to join its home-based childcare services program. Under the supervision of the program coordinator, the enrollment specialist will facilitate the enrollment of legally exempt child care providers.
- Review all provider enrollment applications for completeness.
- Input provider information into the child care facility system (CCFS) database.
- Send notification to parent/provider of any missing information.
- Generate and mail acknowledgement of enrollment packet to provider and a copy to parent.
- Send enrollment information packet within the designated timeframe.
- Call sex offender registry.
- Generate and mail notice of temporary enrollment (TE) decision to provider.
- Generate and mail verification of TE status of legally-exempt provider to parent.
- Generate and mail notice of denial of enrollment to provider and a copy to parent.
- Generate and mail notice of enrollment withdrawal request to provider and a copy to parent.
- Generate and mail notice of enrollment closing to provider and parent and notify DSS of decision.
- Flag any immediate concerns for home visits including, but not limited to, criminal histories, child removal, and health and safety. Inform supervisor of any concerns about the provider when reviewing attestations.
- Provide information on training services and resources to parents and providers during the enrollment process.
- Enter information in WHEDco and CCFS databases as services are rendered.
- Review caseloads daily to ensure that timelines are being met.
- Maintain provider records, home visit monitor forms, checklists, intakes, clearances and other documents in an organized and systematized fashion.
- Generate report for renewal and mail out renewal applications within the designated timeframe.
- Gather any training documentation the provider has to determine eligibility for the enhanced payment rate.
- Forward any information about public benefits provider receives to HRA.
- Maintain up to date calendars for services available at WHEDco.
- Maintain confidentiality of the provider, parent and children.
- Any other duties as assigned.