WHEDco seeks a highly-motivated and energetic team player with a commitment to WHEDco’s mission to provide leadership and support implementing coaching and technical assistance for its Home-Based Childcare Program and to proactively support overall program goals of ensuring quality care for children.
- In collaboration with coordinators and providers, develop and implement coaching services for providers.
- Provide professional development, guidance and support for home visitors as needed.
- Meet additional requirements that include maintaining participants’ records, conducting assessments and evaluations, and update as required.
- Develop and implement trainings and workshops for childcare providers and engage in individualized coaching to increase quality of care as identified through home visits and evaluations.
- Review case notes and service plans; provide guidance to providers and ensure appropriate follow up, support and interventions.
- Conduct provider meetings quarterly and/or monthly roundtables to discuss overarching policy and program issues and concerns.
- When possible, coordinate and integrate services with WHEDco’s own early childhood center.
- Work with the Vice President and other staff to meet reporting requirements and engage in program self-assessment.
- Master’s Degree in related field (i.e., early childhood, education, educational administration, social services) is preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to facilitate workshops and trainings
- Ability to solve problems, find common ground and achieve results with minimal support
- Able to build relationships and motivate stakeholders with diverse personalities and backgrounds
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Able to proactively multi-task and adapt to changing and competing needs
- Experience in MS Office (including Excel and PowerPoint) and excellent overall computer and database skills
- Experience in creating presentations and marketing materials
- Proven ability and/or demonstrated work experience where maintaining confidentiality is critical and expected
- Creativity and a sense of humor are a must