Director of Work Wellness and Alumni Support
HOPE is seeking an experienced director to oversee work wellness and case management services for hundreds of HOPE graduates from Bronx and Brooklyn training sites. This includes HOPEworks, Sustainable South Bronx, Intervine, NYC CoolRoofs, YouthBuild, HVAC, and any new programming developed. Each program cycle varies from 7 weeks to 5 months totaling 24 cycles per year in FY’23, with continued growth in future years. This position also manages all retention and alumni (Phase 3) to actively include “HOPE for Life” service delivery. The position reports to the Chief Program Officer.
Case Management and Partnership Development
- Oversee short-term and solution-oriented case management support for hundreds of HOPE participants from Bronx and Brooklyn in both classroom-based and one-on-one support.
- Manage maintenance and enhancement of HOPE’s working database of social service partners and resources in areas, such as public benefits, affordable housing, childcare, pro bono legal services, basic needs access, etc.
- Cultivate partnerships for social service referrals for students that are warm and human-centered, recognize the needs of participants and capacity of the provider, and offer a feedback loop to HOPE.
- Provide clinical support to address mental health concerns or needs for coordination with the wellness team and mental health providers, including crisis management and de-escalation when needed.
- Create events and opportunities for partners to share social service resources for all Bronx and Brooklyn programs.
- Support and meet retention milestones for new hires at one month, three months, six months, one year, and two years, including development of enticing retention programming and incentives
- Create and support team in executing Advancement Strategy to support the career growth of graduates after attachment to initial post-program employment
- Respond to requests to enlist Phase 3 participants for Interview Project, job fairs, special initiatives/projects, etc.
- Plan and execute alumni events including the annual HOPE Awards and Holiday Party with assistance of committee members
Data Collection and Analysis
- Ensure maintenance of accurate and current student and graduate records using physical files and HOPE’s Salesforce database as per programmatic requirements and government contracts
- Conduct ongoing data analysis of performance to understand opportunities to better deliver services Staff Supervision
- Supervise Alumni Support Manager, two Case Managers, PT Mindfulness Educator and up to three counseling graduate interns.
- Share out participant progress on individual service plans and act as an expert of social service & wellness supports for HOPE staff during Client Meeting and other forums.
- Establish individual service plan templates, performance metrics, and success standards for effectively serving participants and meeting their non-programmatic needs for programmatic success. Align these with student file and Salesforce reporting.
- Prepare agendas and facilitate weekly Client Meetings (case conferences) in both the Bronx and Brooklyn locations
- Maintain constant research and external engagement in key social service areas to meet unique participant needs.
- Stay current with policy and programs in the education and workforce development field.
- Engage in regular conferences and workshops by field leadership.
- Identify and engage in at least two professional development opportunities per year to support personal development goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and external communications, organizational and admin, and counseling skills required.
- Candidates with at least five years experience in a clinical field or in a social service or workforce development organization managing caseloads preferred.
- Active New York State Mental Health Counselor license (LMHC) required to support HOPE’s graduate internship program as a fieldwork supervisor.