The HOPE Program is a leader among New York City job training providers, upskilling adult
jobseekers (ages 18 – 70) for a broad range of sectors, including a focus on green construction,
maintenance, infrastructure and related careers. We work with individuals facing deep
structural barriers to employment, including histories with the criminal legal system, current
and/or past homelessness, substance abuse disorders, low educational attainment and more.
Our comprehensive approach includes classroom training, industry-recognized certifications,
digital literacy and access, financial literacy and access, mental health support, case
management, paid job training, and our signature “HOPE for Life” approach, which provides a
vital community of support throughout the lives of HOPE graduates’ careers. With measurable
outcomes among the strongest in the industry, HOPE’s impact sits at the intersection of
COVID-19 recovery, racial justice, and building a more equitable future for New York City. Our
work is best described in the words of our graduates, such as Ramon.
HOPE is seeking a highly organized Development Events and Marketing Associate who will
lead logistics for HOPE’s three signature fundraising events, coordinate approximately 30 mock
interview events annually, support marketing efforts and content creation, manage event
webpages and track event participants and revenues. The position reports to the Director of
Development. This is a hybrid position, working out of HOPE’s Downtown Brooklyn location at
1 Smith Street twice weekly, with occasional travel to the South Bronx location (1360 Garrison
Avenue) and some travel around New York City. The position will be a full time, non-exempt
staff position and will support other Development team needs as requested.
Special Event Logistics
HOPE’s three signature fundraising events include: Hustle for HOPE 5K Run/Walk in fall, Humor
for HOPE Comedy event in winter, and A Taste of HOPE gala in spring.
● Manage logistics for three signature fundraising events annually, with anticipated
combined revenues of $550,000 in FY’23, with expected growth in future years.
○ Design detailed run-of-show schedules.
○ Coordinate staff roles for event day.
○ Act as point of contact for venues and key relationships.
○ Order materials and other event needs within budget.
● Conduct outreach for appropriate external vendors and sponsors and coordinate with
confirmed partners on event execution.
● Monitor participant registrations and track confirmed revenues for each event.
● Support Associate Board and Board adjacent events as needed.
Interview Project Lead
● Coordinate with internal stakeholders and external corporate partners for each interview
project (~30 annually).
● Match volunteers with HOPE clients, record attendance during events and make
in-the-moment changes to schedule, as needed.
● Execute flawless virtual and live interview project events, smoothly navigating common
last minute changes.
● Steward corporate partner relationships and identify areas for further engagement.
Marketing Material Creation
● Develop marketing plans for each event, including email, social and other outreach to
meet registration and revenue goals.
● Organize donor and participant lists for email blasts, maintain an outreach schedule and
ensure consistent and quality communications with donors, volunteers and corporate
● Update unique event webpages, add additional sponsors as confirmed, and monitor
● Create event collateral and social assets, mainly using Canva.
● Collaborate with HOPE’s Program team to develop mutually beneficial volunteer
opportunities beyond Interview Projects.
● Manage volunteer events and volunteer relationships.
● Monitor engagement level and maintain an organized database of volunteers who are
primed for further engagement.
● Send timely communications to volunteers before, during and after a volunteer event to
encourage continued engagement with HOPE.
Additional Development Support
● Provide additional support toward Development projects as requested. This may
include: grant review, researching donor data, attending educational webinars, creating
development collateral, and more.
● Minimum of two years event and/or logistics management experience. Bachelor’s
degree in related field or equivalent work experience required.
● Experience working in a nimble non-profit environment.
● Experience with fundraising and relationship management.
● Knowledge of Google Suite and Salesforce preferred.
● Ability to work in a dynamic environment, adapt quickly and make smooth
in-the-moment changes that don’t disrupt an event.
● Excel at working independently and as part of a team.
● Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
● Ability to work on multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
● Highly organized and detail oriented; strong project manager.
Salary is competitive dependent upon experience. HOPE provides a full package of benefits
including healthcare and dental insurance, retirement plan, competitive vacation (plus half-day
Fridays during summer which is equal to 7.5 additional vacation days, and 12 paid holidays.
Email cover letter, indicating what position you are applying for and where you saw the listing,
and resume to email@example.com. Resumes unaccompanied by a cover letter will not be
reviewed. No telephone calls, please. Effective November 1, 2021, HOPE employees are
required to provide one-time verification of vaccination against COVID-19.
The HOPE Program is an equal opportunity employer.