HOPE is seeking a highly organized Development Events and Marketing Associate who will lead logistics for HOPE’s three signature fundraising events, coordinate approximately 30 mock interview events annually, support marketing efforts and content creation, manage event webpages and track event participants and revenues. The position reports to the Director of Development. This is a hybrid position, working out of HOPE’s Downtown Brooklyn location at 1 Smith Street twice weekly, with occasional travel to the South Bronx location (1360 Garrison Avenue) and some travel around New York City. The position will be a full time, non-exempt staff position and will support other Development team needs as requested.
Special Event Logistics
- HOPE’s three signature fundraising events include: Hustle for HOPE 5K Run/Walk in fall, Humor for HOPE Comedy event in winter, and A Taste of HOPE gala in spring.
- Manage logistics for three signature fundraising events annually, with anticipated combined revenues of $550,000 in FY’23, with expected growth in future years.
- Design detailed run-of-show schedules.
- Coordinate staff roles for event day.
- Act as point of contact for venues and key relationships.
- Order materials and other event needs within budget.
- Conduct outreach for appropriate external vendors and sponsors and coordinate with confirmed partners on event execution.
- Monitor participant registrations and track confirmed revenues for each event.
- Support Associate Board and Board adjacent events as needed.
Interview Project Lead
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and external corporate partners for each interview project (~30 annually).
- Match volunteers with HOPE clients, record attendance during events and make in-the-moment changes to schedule, as needed.
- Execute flawless virtual and live interview project events, smoothly navigating common last minute changes.
- Steward corporate partner relationships and identify areas for further engagement.
Marketing Material Creation
- Develop marketing plans for each event, including email, social and other outreach to meet registration and revenue goals.
- Organize donor and participant lists for email blasts, maintain an outreach schedule and ensure consistent and quality communications with donors, volunteers and corporate partners.
- Update unique event webpages, add additional sponsors as confirmed, and monitor ticketing pages.
- Create event collateral and social assets, mainly using Canva.
- Collaborate with HOPE’s Program team to develop mutually beneficial volunteer opportunities beyond Interview Projects.
- Manage volunteer events and volunteer relationships.
- Monitor engagement level and maintain an organized database of volunteers who are primed for further engagement.
- Send timely communications to volunteers before, during and after a volunteer event to encourage continued engagement with HOPE.
Additional Development Support
- Provide additional support toward Development projects as requested. This may include: grant review, researching donor data, attending educational webinars, creating development collateral, and more.
- Minimum of two years event and/or logistics management experience. Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience working in a nimble non-profit environment.
- Experience with fundraising and relationship management.
- Knowledge of Google Suite and Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, adapt quickly and make smooth in-the-moment changes that don’t disrupt an event.
- Excel at working independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; strong project manager