GrowNYC is a 51-year-old environmental nonprofit organization – helping more than 3 million New Yorkers by providing essential services and taking action to make NYC a livable city, one where every person can enjoy a healthier, more sustainable life.
• Our network of Greenmarkets, Farmstands, Fresh Food Box sites and Greenmarket Co. ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
• We blanket the five boroughs with resources like textile and food scrap collection, Stop ‘N’ Swaps, as well as free training to make waste reduction easy for all.
• We build and support community and school gardens through volunteer days, technical assistance, training, grants and more.
• We provide 70,000 children each year with programs that provide meaningful interactions with the natural environment.
Note to applicants on COVID safety: GrowNYC is committed to stopping the spread of Covid-19. All new hires must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination during the onboarding process. Employees are also required to follow COVID safety protocols as the situation evolves, which may include daily health screenings, mask wearing, and other mitigation measures as deemed necessary by local conditions, mandates, and applicable guidelines.
The Corporate Partnerships Lead is part of a small team within GrowNYC’s Advancement Team and manages fundraising activity, stewardship, cultivation and account management for corporate funding relationships and positions GrowNYC as a preferred and prominent NPO partner opportunity.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious professional to learn how a high-impact fundraising operation functions and to help raise the money needed to tackle the biggest environmental and food access issues of our time.
The Corporate Partnerships Lead Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to):
• Serves in an account service role, providing day-to-day relationship management for an assigned portfolio geared toward donors giving financial support of $20,000 or higher annually
• Leads donor identification, solicitation, stewardship, communication, and issue resolution for assigned accounts
• Prepares gift solicitations and stewardship documents
• Helps conceive and execute partners’ cause marketing programs
• Coordinates among internal teams at GrowNYC to create content and ensure strong cause marketing activation
• Responsible for meeting annual, personal fundraising targets in support of the Development Team’s fundraising and operating revenue goals
• Builds a defined donor strategy for GrowNYC’s portfolio of corporate relationships
• Seeks ways to broaden partners’ support across philanthropic giving, cause marketing and employee engagement to build holistic partnerships in support of GrowNYC’s mission
• Positions GrowNYC as a preferred and prominent NPO partner
• Works with Development Operations Associate to ensure excellent data integrity within GrowNYC’s CRM database and maintain active stewardship related to corporate donors
• Work with programmatic staff to secure and retain corporate partnerships including sponsorships, volunteer workdays, etc.
• Special emphasis on developing relationships with healthcare entities to buildout and increase food access partnerships
• Helps build out a digital offering program, e.g. virtual workshops, discussions to package for corporations in lieu of in-person work days
• Cultivates relationships with corporate social responsibility (CSR) departments and leverages trainings and volunteer days into other funding opportunities for the organization
• Prepares briefing memos, partnership updates, and communications for GrowNYC’s Development Team and Management, including the President, as needed
• Provides support as requested, including special projects and cross- functional program workRequirements
• At least 6+ years of experience with business development roles
• Excellent organizational, communication, proofreading, and editing skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining strong attention to detail, follow-through, and meeting deadlines
• Ability to collaborate, share information, and serve as a resource for others
• Ability to proactively contribute to assigned as well as unassigned tasks and projects, and work independently and with others to identify and solve problems
• Ability to apply sound judgment about sharing information internally and externally
• Ability to represent the organization to donors and work with all levels of staff and volunteers with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality
• Commitment to the mission of GrowNYC
• Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and socio-economic circumstance
• Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
• Experience and knowledge about the corporate partnerships field preferred
• Familiarity with office software and fundraising databases preferred
• Sales experience helpful
• Experience working in the nonprofit field preferred
Monday to Friday, 9-5pm, 35-40 hours a week. This is a hybrid role with minimum 2 days in our Manhattan office.
The position is exempt, full-time, and salaried. It pays $65-75k and includes full benefits.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of employment applications received, GrowNYC is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Application deadline is July 22, 2022
GrowNYC is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer and hires without regard to race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or physical disability.